Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OOC Chat Room

Go down 
+10
Setsuna12
Ulqui-chan
Kaede Shoshi
Sakura Lunaris
Caelum Tsukiyo
LoneWarrior
J_Da_Don01
Ignaeon
Kizomaru Hotaru
Mugetsu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Awesomeness Points : 14808

Characters
RPC's:

OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay. o.o Once I'm done making the forums and categories, we then need to make the subforums. That is the big job. Basically, you go through all the RP threads we just archived and make those into forums (never include pictures, if any). Also, for the barracks' and captain's offices, there will just be a forum called, "Division barracks and offices", instead of forums for each one. x.x And for Karakura, only make the important areas into forums. There should be no more than 10-15 subforums in any one forum. I'm gonna finish making the actual forums, then I have to do dishes. You can start on Hell and Hueco Mundo until I'm back if you want, Kizo. n.n
Back to top Go down
https://bleacheoorp.rpg-board.net

AuthorMessage
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:54 pm

I don't mean to say that I don't value the friendships that have been forged because of RP, but the negatives far outweigh the positives. I honestly don't see how anyone can like RP, but since I've always been in charge, I can't really see from the perspectives of normal members.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Co-administrator
Co-administrator
Kizomaru Hotaru

Awesomeness Points : 14711

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:11 pm

RP is an escape mechanism, allowing people to immerse themselves in a false world in order to be happy while forgetting the chaos that is real life, that's why people like it. Though often times it seems to cause more harm than good, by turning the select few into addicts who can't seem to survive without that drug and thereby making them invert. Why venture past my door into Hell while Heaven is right here in my lap?

That being said, when it's not destroying things and with the right people, it can actually be fun, the trick is finding the right people.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:16 pm

I just don't like it because it seems to be a competition. Those with the biggest posts are revered as "good RPers" even if the writing itself is shit. It's a competition to see who can write the most. e.e I do it myself.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Co-administrator
Co-administrator
Kizomaru Hotaru

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Hash everything is a competition anymore, it doesn't matter what you do people will turn anything into a pissing contest because humans have this need to feed their ego, especially those with low self esteem, because feeding the ego is the ultimate high. If a person can hold something above another's head they feel powerful and that power trip is like the most amazing sex on earth to those kinds of people, we're a prideful race who just loves making others feel inferior in comparison to other people, sadly until karma comes and wipes us all out for being dicks there's nothing we can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Still, most competitions are fun. This one isn't. It ruins everything.

It really burns my ass when people worship the "amazing RP'ers" who usually only win all the time because they do an assload of godmoding. It's sickening. Even when people do that to me, and say they look up to me, I don't like it. Of course, I do get that little happy feeling like anyone else would. But then I think, why would they want to be like me? The "short-fuse" or "badass" reputation I have isn't an act or a joke. It's what happens when you deal with so much bullshit that you just don't give a fuck about trying to be nice; because then, you get walked on. You give people an inch and they take a fuckin' mile.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Co-administrator
Co-administrator
Kizomaru Hotaru

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:50 pm

It's not just one mile either, it's like an entire continent e.e It's bullshit, and I wish I knew how to dissolve the competition here, but the only way I can think of is reprimanding those who do it all the time...
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:09 pm

I was talking about RP in general, not just here. But, there is no way. I've tried countless times over the years. e.e
Back to top Go down
J_Da_Don01
Captain
Captain
J_Da_Don01

Awesomeness Points : 5504

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:14 pm

O.O This is kind of a eye opener.......
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:25 pm

How so?
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Co-administrator
Co-administrator
Kizomaru Hotaru

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:30 pm

I knew you were Hash I was just being more general...

Gimme some chinese finger traps and a few minutes to come up with a creative way of using them for torture and I'm sure we'll have a solution =3=

@JD: Explain?
Back to top Go down
J_Da_Don01
Captain
Captain
J_Da_Don01

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Well, i didn't know rp was that stressful to you two. I only find it stressful when i am lazy and don't feel like posting, since i am really lazy some days. XD

The real thing i find eye opening was your conversation. Which had some truth to it, seeing as it is stressful when it comes to people who make bigger posts than yourself. But it gets to points where you can simply just not give a fuck. I know a few role players, better than myself, who find it just as stresssful as you two. I know someone that made profiles that took up nearly a entire page on moga, on my phone. Most of it feel with a long ass bio, a long ass desctription, and a long ass description of their technique. I did not even read it, i do find it true that people feel that those who make long posts are great role players. My post are long, sometimes, but i suck. But there are others who find that i am a "good" role player. It creates some excitement and joy, but also it creates some form of pressure to continue, but i post how i feel now. Long or short, but i still agree with you all.

I still would rather be look as a good role player, than a crappy one. XD
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Unseated Officer
Ignaeon

Awesomeness Points : 4436

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Loss of interest happens. To be honest, I can't stand non stop playing of a game for more than 2 weeks at a time, and that's if i find it really enjoyable. even with magic, I occasionally take breaks. Sometimes, you just need time to step back and do something else, and from what I've seen, RP can be demanding. as for the whole "Wall of text v.s. quality text" thing, you run the site, and therefore have the right to make the call to at least try another way, even if only for a few days.

EDIT: hey, that misc box is new, isn't it?

Last edited by Ignaeon on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : noticed the misc box)
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:51 pm

Btw, Kizo, wanna breed me a red, day/night drake, and a tsunami wyvern whenever you get the chance? I can't seem to find any. :/ I can breed you something of mine in return.
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Unseated Officer
Ignaeon

Awesomeness Points : 4436

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:52 pm

good night everyone.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Co-administrator
Co-administrator
Kizomaru Hotaru

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 pm

@JD: Try running/helping to run a forum, then you'll find the stress. The main thing is everyone makes everything a pissing contest, which pisses people off and prevents them from wanting to continue because of the pressure. The thing that gets me, is dealing with people who can't understand even the simplest of things, that pisses me off e.e Cause I can ignore competition as far as the urge to compete, but set me in the room with someone who can't grasp 1+1 and I reach a boiling point e.e

@Ign: Are you suggesting we change the way we RP or something?

@Hash: Yeah sure, the red dragon will be tricky cause she's a pissy little thing e.e XD But sure ^.^
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. But changing things like that can drive people away. Running an RP is like running a business really.

Good night.

Like I said, it's stressful for me because I'm always in charge, so I must always know about everything that goes down, and I have to deal with everyone's petty bullshit when it arises. Even when I join someone else's group or site, I end up becoming a mod or co-admin because of my drive. Idk what it's like to just be a normal member.

Thanks, Kizo.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Co-administrator
Co-administrator
Kizomaru Hotaru

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Well maybe try fighting the drive to gain that perspective..If it's something you feel you really need.

Welcome ^.^

Brb ><
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Head Admin
Head Admin
Mugetsu

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:04 pm

I probably couldn't. I don't have time to join other RP's anyway.

Bye.
Back to top Go down
J_Da_Don01
Captain
Captain
J_Da_Don01

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:15 pm

I understand, that is why i don't make groups of my own. It would make it hard for me to multi task, and it would also be hard for me to run it because i get so lazy. I can understand where you two are coming from, trust me. It is easy for me to take breaks from rp, since my phone billl would whined up being due, and stay off for a unknown period of time. Which is why i don't get tired as easy as you all.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Co-administrator
Co-administrator
Kizomaru Hotaru

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:56 pm

You know in retrospect this is also a conversation that could ward off newcomers..So we should continue it elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
J_Da_Don01
Captain
Captain
J_Da_Don01

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:00 am

That was what i was thinking earlier whiile reading it all.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Co-administrator
Co-administrator
Kizomaru Hotaru

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 am

Meh, oh well..Can't change anything but relocating the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Eliminate Reality
Moderator on Trial
Moderator on Trial
Eliminate Reality

Awesomeness Points : 5848
Location : Behind you, with a gun to your head. Yes you, the one's reading this.

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 am

Whats up, my bishes ;3 You're Master is here.
Back to top Go down
Akuma
Captain
Captain
Akuma

Awesomeness Points : 5743

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:03 am

Smh...
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Co-administrator
Co-administrator
Kizomaru Hotaru

Characters
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:08 am

*Sigh*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Chat Room   OOC Chat Room - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC Chat Room
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next